At the end of the election day for the Congress of the Republic and interparty consultations, the Minister of the Interior, Guillermo Rivera Flórez, is allowed to clarify to the public opinion that:
1. Despite the lack of electoral ballots for consultations in various areas of the country, the national government arranged in the required time and through the Ministry of Finance, the resources necessary for the production of 15 million electoral cards for each of the consultations, that is 30 million in total.
2. For the Executive, this number of cards was sufficient. "What happened clearly is a distribution problem in each of the cities and polling stations."
3. Faced with this situation, the requirements of the different candidates were met, among them Iván Duque from the Democratic Center and Alejandro Ordóñez from the Coalition la Patria de Pie.
4. "The electoral organization is autonomous in the logistics of the elections and the distribution of the electoral cards.The Executive has no interference in the process".
5. The national government proposed that these be the safest, most transparent elections and those with the greatest citizen participation and it was achieved.